The following booklet is also available for family and friends who find out their loved one is expecting a baby with Down syndrome:
- Your Loved One is Having a Baby with Down Syndrome (for family and friends)
In the future, we also plan to release additional resources, including the following:
- Coping with Loss (for expectant parents who experience miscarriage, stillbirth, or neonate loss)
- Choosing Adoption (for expectant parents experiencing post-diagnosis pregnancy who are contemplating adoption or have decided to place their child for adoption).
- A Dad’s Guide to a Prenatal Down Syndrome Diagnosis (for expectant dads by Joe Meares, leader of the national DADS group)
- The Wait (for expectant parents with higher chances of Down syndrome who decline further testing)
Other resources on our website include:
Resource List for Health Care Providers (nutshell list of main resources)
New Prenatal Testing: Are You Ready? (Action Plan)
Checklist for Local Groups (Information for Expectant Parents)
Estate Planning for a Child with Down Syndrome (Special Needs Trusts) by Herbert D. Hinkle, Esq.
Siblings Speak Out Series:
Sample E-mails for parents to copy and edit:
Summaries of useful organizations/ websites: